I’ve strolled up and down Clarendon Boulevard and Wilson Boulevard at least a hundred times pushing my two tots in their double stroller or red wagon and dining at various restaurants. However, I’ve never bothered to look at the “Specials” on the chalkboards outside of the restaurants let alone inquire about “specials for kids” once inside the restaurant. That is, until earlier this week. My two year old son and I were enjoying the 84 degree October weather while walking to go pick up my four year old daughter from pre-school when a sign outside of The Hard Times Cafe practically jumped out at me. It read “KIDS EAT FREE ALL DAY MONDAY & TUESDAY”. What? What? What?! Really? Were my eyes playing tricks on me? As I’m smiling like a stressed out mom getting a day of pampering in a luxury day spa, I suddenly realized I’d never seen this before in Clarendon. I was a little shocked and I didn’t quite understand why I was so pleasantly surprised. Perhaps it was because of the sheer amount of restaurants in the neighborhood that seem to cater towards singletons and the double income/no kids. Most restaurants in the Clarendon-Courthouse area do offer Kids Meals. However, I’ve never seen a sign offering up “Free Meals” and I now know it’s because I never paid attention and I’ve never ever thought to look for it. After Logan and I picked up Ella, we met up with one of my gal pals and enjoyed a nice lunch for 4 at The Hard Times Cafe. There was so much food, we left with doggy bags”. And the best thing about it: It was a whopping $22 before tip. I’m still in heaven thinking about how great the food was and how much fun we had, not to mention–the bargain!
This experience inspired me to call up the 30+ Restaurants we have from the Clarendon-Courthouse area all the way to Ballston and Rosslyn. These are my Top 6 Restaurants Offering “Kids Eat Free Specials”. Happy Dining!
1. The Hard Times Cafe: All Day Mondays & Tuesdays. (Children ages 10 and under can get a free kid’s meal with the purchase of an adult entree)
2. Whitlow’s on Wilson: Tuesday thru Sunday.4 PM to 7 PM. No Mondays. (Children ages 10 and under can get a free kid’s meal per purchase of an adult entree)
3. Ireland’s Four Courts: Sunday thru Friday 4 PM-7 PM. No Saturdays. (Children ages 10 and under can get a free kid’s meal per purchase of an adult entree)
4. The Liberty Tavern: Saturdays & Sundays During Brunch 9:30 AM to 2 PM (ClarendonMoms.com Friends Exclusive Offer: Children ages 4 and under only can eat free from the Brunch Buffet if they mention this article)
5. Mexicali Blues: All Day Mondays. (Children under 10 can get a free kid’s meal per purchase of an adult entree)
6. The Front Page: Tuesdays beginning at 5 PM (Children ages 10 and under can get a free kid’s meal per purchase of an adult entree)