TOP 16 Kids Birthday Party Venues 2015
1. Jumping Joeys North Arlington finally has a birthday party venue very close to most residents where children 2 to 13 can go bounce and celebrate their birthdays. They have several giant inflatables as well as a rock climbing wall for hours of endless fun.
2. Busy Bees Located just a short drive from Clarendon in Falls Church. This cute, indoor playground is suitable for children 48 inches in height and under. Everything at this cute little place spins, moves and flies.
3. Dynamic Gymnastics Don’t flip about the mess in your own house, take the party to Dynamic Gymnastics and they’ll bend over backwards to make your party memorable. Their birthday party planning team will work with you to plan the perfect party for children turning ages 3 to 12. Certified gymnastics coaches will lead your partiers through 45 minutes of age-appropriate gymnastics activities in a brand new, fully-equipped gym featuring the longest tumble track in Arlington. Either before or after the gymnastics, enjoy 45 minutes of refreshments and revelry in one of two party rooms.
4. Fort Meyer Bowling Center Have all the fun and none of the fuss by planning your child’s next birthday party at Fort Meyer Bowling Center located on the Joint Base Meyer Military Base in Arlington, Virginia. Perfect for a group of 12 guests at only $11 per person, this party includes a meal, one hour of bowling, bowling shoes, reserved separate party room with decorations and a gift for the birthday boy or girl. Most suitable for ages 4 and up. It isn’t a requirement to be a military family. This venue is open to the public.
5. Tennis Birthday at Army Navy Country Club One of the best Kids Birthday Party Celebrations I’ve ever been to was hosted here. In order to host a party, you either have to become a member or have a member sponsor the party for you. The office is very helpful and if you don’t know a member who can sponsor you, the staff is very accommodating and will work with you to locate someone interested in sponsoring you. Prices vary. Contact Rebecca Pipkins for more information at 703-521-6800 ext. 1265. Perfect for ages 4 and up.
6. National Building Museum The National Building Museum offers exciting birthday party opportunities for children turning ages 3-11. Parties at the Museum feature hands-on, interactive activities with construction and building themes. All parties include use of the Museum’s party space including tables and chairs for the celebration, party favors for child guests, a Museum t-shirt for the birthday child, and complimentary tickets to the Museum’s exhibitions like the latest PLAY WORK BUILD Exhibit, an absolute favorite. A Museum teacher is present at all parties to lead the activity, read a story, and help supervise children. Birthday parties are a member benefit and can be booked by Museum members at the Family Level or higher. It is worth the price of membership to host your child’s birthday party here.
7. Ultrazone Laser Tag Step into a high-techlaser tag adventure where identity is limited only by imagination. Dodge lasers, and strategize with teammates as you compete for high scores and glory in this futuristic version of Capture the Flag. Whether it’s a business meeting, Birthday Party, or Club Fundraiser, Ultrazone® transforms the routine into the extraordinary. Click here for price packages.
8. MOBU KIDS This is my absolute favorite place to throw birthday parties for my kids between the age of 1 and 3. This is a huge venue with plenty of room for kids of all ages to play while offering a big party room for the parents to take a break and enjoy themselves too. The place smells fresh, clean and is completely “green”. My children have taken classes there and have attended many parties including their own there. They’ve never caught any communicable illnesses there. I believe it’s because of how clean the venue is. The staff is always passionate about what they do and are especially fantastic at time management, organizing the activities and taking care of the small stuff. Located in Falls Church, this is definitely worth the drive. The price is unbeatable beginning at less than $300 for up to 20 kids for 90 minutes to 2 hours of worry-free fun!
9. JW TUMBLES This is is one of the most popular venues in the area to throw birthday parties and take classes. JW Tumbles in Arlington is a very cozy venue offering both the party area and the play area within the same room for little ones. They offer music, zip line swinging, bubbles, sport play, dancing and more for ages one to nine. You get 90 minutes of joy and excitement for your child’s birthday.
10. Sport & Health Kids Club This is my second favorite place to host birthday parties. The party includes: invitations, pizza, juice boxes, decorations, candles, party supplies and party favors. They offer two to three large, spacious rooms for your kids and your guests to spread out. This is the only venue where you have the option of dropping your children off and leaving while your children enjoy themselves under Sport and Health’s staff supervision. There aren’t any venues where you’re able to have “drop off privileges” and not that many other venues that offer to take care of the food and beverages. All you bring is the cake.
11. Kettler Capital Iceplex offers a package for $185 that includes party room rental, admission for 10 kids and 2 adults to the public skate session, skate rentals, food and drinks, party host, and party supplies. More guests can be added for an additional fee. Perfect for those winter birthdays.
12. Sprinkles Cupcake in DC I had the opportunity to see first hand how fun a party at Sprinkles Cupcake in Georgetown is while attending a Mother’s Day event in 2012. This is a fantastic place to host a Cupcake Decorating Party complete with dozens of cupcakes, generous cups of frosting and sprinkles. They offer vegan cupcakes by request too. The upstairs party room is very feminine and beautiful, just perfect for a birthday party.
13. Buzz Bakery in Ballston/Arlington I was surprised to find out that this cute, cozy bakery near Ballston Mall offers Birthday Party packages. You can choose to host a very small party in the very back of the bakery or on their outside patio next to the water sprinkler playground. Buzz offers cute cupcake and cookie decorating kits for only $5 per child. This is a steal compared to the price at Sprinkles. The decorating kits include: 2 mini-cupcakes, a tiny container of frosting and a tiny container of very stylish sprinkles. This is the perfect place to order cupcake decorating kits and host a party at your house or at a larger venue.
14. American Girl Cafe Tyson’s Corner The all-inclusive package features: a delicious meal with signature pink-and-white cake and ice cream, special goody bags featuring doll tiaras for each guest, a commemorative keepsake for the special birthday girl, a set of invitations and matching thank-you notes. Parties begin at $30 per child and $20 per adult, excluding tax and gratuity. Suitable for ages 3 and up.
15. The National Zoo Kids love the animals and Washington DC’s premier zoological park is a great place for a birthday party. For children ages 4-8, FONZ (Friends of the National Zoo) will provide an indoor party room and expert tour guides. Parties are held Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to noon, subject to availability.
16. Nationals Park Baseball Stadium Is your child a huge baseball fan? The local ballpark is a great place to host a birthday party. Nationals Park has a family picnic area that is ideal for small groups and the Family Fun Area is a kids-oriented play area that features interactive games including the Exxon Strike Zone, Build-A-Bear Workshop, GEICO Racing Presidents, and Jungle Gym.